COURTYARD GARDEN DESIGN SYDNEY
Inspiring Outdoor Living
Courtyard Garden Design Sydney
Are you looking to transform your Sydney garden with a new courtyard garden design?
It helps to have an experienced courtyard design team who have transformed townhouse & apartment gardens into modern outdoor rooms.
At Vogue & Vine, we are experts in compact urban gardens. Striking the balance right between creative small courtyard ideas and low maintenance practical living.
Our creative concepts balance the right amount of greenery and help you live a better life outdoors.
Sydney Courtyard Garden Projects
Small Courtyard Landscape Designer
As experienced courtyard designers, we scale down our small garden designs to achieve the best visual and lifestyle results for our clients.
A smaller outside area doesn’t mean you have to compromise on exciting design ideas.
We introduce a seamless extension from inside to your smaller urban garden space. The end result creates an innovative zone that feels secluded and tranquil – maximising both sunlight and privacy.
Small garden landscape design
A well designed courtyard garden or patio creates an important extra living area for you to enjoy. Having a well designed small garden is an important lifestyle factor when living in townhouses, terraces or houses located close to the city.
We focus on creating a multifunctional space using modern design to hide everyday items, increase storage and maximise entertaining space. All while creating a green low maintenance garden oasis that you will enjoy for years.
What our clients say
Benefits of Courtyard Gardens Sydney
High density urban living often reduces available garden space and your desire to spend time outdoors. Creating an inviting outdoor courtyard is proven to draw you outside and into the fresh air – opening up the many associated health and lifestyle benefits.
Spending time in a well designed green garden is a great way to de-stress and relax.
New courtyards can include things like edible gardens and outdoor kitchens. These encourage quality time outdoors.
Modern design maximises the full potential of the available space – creating functional areas that didn’t exist before.
A well designed courtyard will flow easily from your indoor living area. This provides extra living space that can be used across all 4 seasons.
Courtyard Landscaping Service Areas
Courtyard Landscaping Sydney - Q&A
The are some important tips when designing your small courtyard or patio.
- Measure all areas (including fence heights & steps). Remember most courtyards areas are NOT large spaces.
- Draw a list of priorities of what to include in your courtyard concept design.
- Don’t forget Vertical spaces – they are perfect for creative use of space using outdoor mirrors or screens.
- Courtyard garden design should create an easy flow from the indoors to your outside garden.
- Use low maintenance flooring such as sealed sandstone pavers, synthetic lawn/low maintenance grass or timber decking.
- Boundary plant screening from neighbours helps create privacy. Utilise space saving troughs or planters where possible.
- Built in boundary seating or day bed if you have the budget. Alternatively minimise construction costs with a comfortable lounge.
- Shade solutions such as pergolas are great for easy protection from the sun. Alternatively outdoor umbrellas are a great solution.
- Create a space saving vertical garden or green wall.
- Residential Sydney courtyards often have limited space available – so they should not be cluttered with oversized pieces.
- The best design is a combination of vertical boundary items such as boundary plants, troughs or outdoor mirrors. Combined with select furniture pieces.
- Vertical gardens are a great space saving garden idea that can be used along the boundary.
- Larger courtyard spaces can fit larger dining tables, outdoor sofas or modulars, fire pits and even outdoor pizza ovens.
- Modern design involves deciding what to leave out in order to avoid clutter. Maintaining a balance between creativity and function is critical.
Try to keep your courtyard planting plan to a minimum – to avoid overdesign and clutter.
We use larger plants along the boundary like bamboo and Lilly Pilly for privacy. These screen out neighbours and provide space effective cover for plain boundary fencing.
Popular screen planting for smaller gardens include;
- Conifers – Can become overgrown if not hedged.
- Bamboo – We recommend Slender Weaver for smaller spaces.
- Lilly Pilly – Many varieties available and require little maintenance
- Olive trees – Are hardy and good for coastal gardens.
At Vogue & Vine, we achieve the right balance by blending modern pot and luxury plant selection – varying the texture, colour and size – creating more visual appeal.