LANDSCAPE DESIGN SYDNEY
Inspiring Outdoor Living
Landscape design Sydney by Vogue & Vine
Vogue & Vine are an innovative Sydney Landscape Design company, with creative landscape design services for both residential & commercial gardens.
Our design philosophy sets us apart – combining the casual Australian way of life with stunning plant design.
Every garden is different, so we offer different design packages to suit both new gardens and garden renovations. These are suitable for both residential gardens and commercial gardens.
Sydney Landscape design services
The design stage of your project is where our Vogue & Vine team provide more detailed documentation about our garden design ideas. This is included with design concept plan.
The plan includes:
- An image based view of your garden
- Perspective sketches of selected hardscape areas
- Material suggestions such as paving, lawn or decking
Each garden design concept also includes images of plants and materials to visually explain our suggestions.
Landscape Architect Sydney
Some projects require a more detailed scope of works that can be submitted to council for approval.
Our team are experienced with commercial landscape design where more detail is required for construction documentation.
Our services include:
- DA or CDC Landscape plans suitable for council submission.
- Commercial landscape plans and consultation for larger projects.
What our clients say
Our landscape design process
1 – ON SITE CONSULTATION
We meet and discuss your unique landscape and garden. We look at existing residential structures, orientation, lighting, outlook to neighbours and suburb feel.
Brief – Develop what you can achieve based upon your broader interests, how you entertain and how you would like to use the garden or courtyard for outdoor living.
Images – We often ask you to prepare images of gardens you like for your project. This helps to guide the design process.
Budget – Your budget dictates what we can realistically incorporate into our design. We help put numbers to your ideas in a matter of minutes to fast track the garden design process.
End result – We will have developed a thorough understanding of your brief, discussed new ideas, and be in a position to forward you a proposal.
2 – PROPOSAL & QUOTE
If you would like us to design your garden, we will send you a fee proposal to prepare your design concept plan – which outlines our understanding of your brief.
Our proposal outlines a thorough checklist of what we include in our design concept plans based upon your brief.
3 – DESIGN CONCEPT PLANS
We create your design concept plans after acceptance of our fee proposal. This includes:
- Confirm the brief and do a thorough on-site analysis.
- Draw up a to scale plan of the site.
- Sketch 1-2 design concept plans.
- Discuss the design concepts and present a mood board with suggested plants, pots, materials and other styling suggestions.
- Present final concepts including 2D landscape design plan, planting plan and planting schedule.
- Liaise with landscape contractors to help balance the design and cost.
4 – SOURCING & PLANTS
We style your garden and source items from our global supplier base. This can include outdoor furniture, pots and planters, outdoor rugs, screens, mirrors, water features or wall art.
Sourcing and procurement is either incorporated into our design fee OR offered on a separate hourly rate.
As qualified horticulturalists, we supply the plants. This often requires many hours of back and forth discussions with local and interstate nurseries to ensure plant availability, quality and maximises plant affordability.
5 – CONSTRUCTION & INSTALLATION
Many clients work with us all the way through the project to completion. This ensures that design and construction integrity is maintained.
Our role can involve continued liaison with contractors throughout the project. We also order all required plants and other styling elements to finalise your garden.
Garden Designer Sydney - Service Areas
Residential Landscape Designer Sydney - Q&A
The Vogue & Vine team include qualified horticulturalists, expert landscape designers and Landscape Architects.
As experienced landscape designers, they have the experience and knowledge across all the trades involved to bring your stunning new garden to life.
They have formed valuable networks with some of Sydney’s finest landscape contractors and builders to help transform your designs from vision to reality.
SMALL SYDNEY GARDENS – BALCONIES & COURTYARDS
We have developed a significant portfolio of smaller gardens – These suit apartment balconies and townhouse courtyards. They often include the smart use of pots and plants as well as styling elements such as mirrors, rugs and furniture.
LARGE SYDNEY GARDEN BACKYARDS
Our larger garden designs leverage many of the ideas of our smaller designs BUT on a larger scale. These often include outdoor shading, relaxation zones, fire pits, larger planting, swimming pool design, timber decking and larger format pots.
STYLES & INFLUENCES
- Japanese Zen – Minimal & low maintenance
- Modern Australian coastal – Modern with native flora
- Balinese tropical – Modern tropical oasis
- French– European inspired formal
The landscape design phase consists of research, gathering ideas, and setting a plan.
The important elements to consider are:
- Climate and microclimates and genius loci
- Topography and orientation of the site
- Council and NSW resource building codes
- Assessing Soil condition & ph levels, irrigation & site drainage
- Human and vehicular access and circulation;
- outdoor furniture & styling and outdoor lighting;
- Native plant habitat where available
- Property safety and security such as boundary fencing
- Construction detailing on the plan
Landscape design blends 4 important skill sets beyond basic gardening knowledge:
- Creative design & expertise
- Detailed & practical construction knowledge
- Sound knowledge of horticulture
- The ability to draw plans using landscape design software
It is more than just knowledge of gardening that is required.
The practical, design aesthetic, horticultural knowledge, and environmental sustainability are also components of landscape design.
This is often divided into hardscape design and softscape design. Sydney landscape designers have the skills to collaborate with related disciplines such as architects, civil engineers, surveyors and landscape contractors to achieve a professional garden.